Do Yellow Jackets Sting Dogs

Do Yellow Jackets Sting Dogs

While most insect bites to a dogwill be uneventful, if your pet has been stung by a bee, wasp, yellow jacket, or hornet, the area will quickly become swollen and somewhat painful.
If the stinger is still attached to the dog, remove it by scraping a credit card over your dog's coat and flick it off. Do not use tweezers that may squeeze more .
Most of the time, an insect sting is just painful and irritating for your dog. Getting stung several times, or stung inside the mouth or throat, is dangerous and requires a trip to the veterinarian. Bee and wasp stings are poisons. The two most common types of stinging insects are bees and wasps.
If you've ever seen a dog get stung by a bee and suffer an allergic reaction, there's no doubt it can be pretty scary. But who was your pup to know that chasing .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.